We have released new server and app versions with many improvements to APE Mobile’s formula functionality.
All servers have been upgraded.
Please upgrade APE Mobile on your mobile devices, iPads & Win10 devices, from the App Store.
The formula enhancements include:
- Simpler cell references (e.g. A instead of C1)
- The ability to use formulas anywhere, not only in tables
- The ability to reference values in any field, not just the current table
- Many new functions, including ROUND, AND, OR, NOT, and
Aggregate functions with ability to use lists and ranges, e.g. SUM a column to get its total.
- The form editor in the Web app now updates formula results straight away.
If your templates have formulas:
- When you edit & save templates with formulas, make sure that your mobile device users upgrade their APE Mobile app before you publish the template.
- We recommend that you upgrade all of your users around the same time, so you don’t have a mix of old and new app versions being used together.
Full documentation will be available on support.apemobile.com soon.
Ask APE technical support if you would like to see a demo, or have any questions.
Existing formulas in your templates have been converted automatically to use the new method of referencing fields.