For administrators. Describes how to create and manage users with the APE Mobile web interface. .
This document is for administrators. It describes how to create and manage users in the APE Mobile web interface. Also see the training video about Managing Users.
Users are created at the Organisational level by the Administrator.
Each user must have their own unique user email address, which they use to log into the app (both on the web and on the iPad).
Clicking the User item in the left-hand navigator (or in the Admin menu at the top) shows the list of the users defined for the organisation.
Note that the APE Mobile Support user is for use by APE Mobile support staff. It is not included in your licensed-user count (e.g. if you have a 20 user license, then your system will permit 20 active users plus the APE Mobile Support user).
Click the Detail button for a user and the following is displayed.
From this page you can edit the user or change the user password, using either the menu at the top right, or the buttons at the bottom.
Following is the Edit page.
Here is a brief explanation of the fields:
- Full name is the formal full name of the person. If you wish, you may include honorifics like Dr, Mr, Miss, Ms, etc.
- The Name to use field is no longer used.
Previously: it was a less formal version of the name used in some circumstances. It was optional, and if left blank, the Full Name was used everywhere.
- Email address is the unique email address of the user. This is used as the users login name, and as the address to use for system emails (e.g. to confirm the account or reset the password).
- There are a number of Administrative Privileges that can be set for each user. These are:
- Manage organisation permits the user to edit the Organisation settings.
- Create projects permits the user to create new project.
- Access all projects permits the user to view all projects (including project documents), to edit project information, and do exports. However, the user cannot create new memos, forms, or actions for the project unless they are a project member with appropriate form creation permissions.
- Export permits the user to run Exports using Templates and Custom Exports, and to bulk-download PDFs from the Form and Memo registers, and to create & edit Custom Exports.
Note: To create/edit Custom Exports, they must also have permission to manage templates.
- Manage users permits the user to manage all users (including themselves). This is a particularly powerful privilege, because it includes the ability to create users, activate or deactivate users, change user privileges, and/or change user passwords.
- Manage templates and organisation lists permits the user to create and edit Templates, Organisation lists, Project List Types, and also (if they have export permission) Custom Exports.
- Manage companies permits the user to create, update, and delete items in the "Companies" list.
- View diagnostics permits the user to view technical diagnostic information. This is generally only used for troubleshooting by support staff.
- Active determines whether the user is active or not. Inactive users cannot use the system, and are not included the in the active user count.
- Time zone is the user's time zone.
The Administrator can create a new user for the organisation by clicking on the Create button in the Users register.
This brings up the New User page (similar to the Edit page described above).
Once the user information has been entered, click the Invite User button to send an invitation email to the user. This email will ask them to click on a link to a confirmation page, where they will enter the password for their account.
On the Users register, and in the User Details page, a Confirmed status is shown. When this is No, it means that the user has been invited, but has not clicked their confirmation link to verify their email address and set up a password. Once they have confirmed their account and set up a password, this status will always be Yes.