The original formula documentation is at:
That describes data types and these functions:
- + (addition)
- - (subtraction)
- * (multiplication)
- / (division)
- = (equal to)
- <> (not equal to)
- > (greater than)
- < (less than)
- >= (greater than or equal to)
- <= (less than or equal to)
but also there are many new functions, and new field referencing. In summary the new functions are:
- MAX (which can be used with ranges and lists)
- SUM (which can be used with ranges and lists) Ranges are like, for example, SUM(T1!A:C) to get the total of columns A, B and C
Also note that you can do totals within tables for number and formula type fields.
- TEXT - Text(a) Text(a,"hh:mm") Text(a,"[h]:mm")
- CONCAT - like concatenate, but allows multiple arguments
- CHAR - only supports characters 9, 10, 13 and 32 and above (like Excel online) and up to 127
Also note: you can use formatting codes within MS-Word merge fields, to do rounding and date formatting, etc (e.g. \@ "dddd, d MMMM yyyy")
The syntax and operation of those functions is like their equivalent functions in Excel.
UPDATE: We have also just added more functions, below.
Note that these require end users to have a recent version of mobile app (from ~end of July or later).
- FIND(find_text, within_text, [start_num])
- LEFT(text, [num_chars])
- MID(text, start_num, num_chars)
- QUOTIENT(numerator, denominator)
- MOD(number, divisor)
- FLOOR(number, significance)
- CEILING(number, significance)
- TRUNC(number, [num_digits])
Parameters appearing in square brackets are optional.